- RCCL – Founder, Edwin W. Stephan in 1969.
- In 2003 – RCCL was the number 2 company, standing behind Carnival Cruise Company.
- 27 million passengers per year.
- RCCL sailed across globe.
- Avoid too much homogenization.
- Silver where program – Cost same irrespective of the number of ships.
- RCCL offers – Royal Caribbean International (16) and Celebrity Cruises (9).
Business NeedThe original reservation application is huge. It includes more than 7 million lines of code that during the course of two decades has been modified, manipulated and maintained a multitude of times using several flavors of RPG from legacy to modern. The reservation system has always run on IBM midrange servers from AS/400s. They needed a modern platform including web 2.0.
- Hubcom implemented IBM HATS services to modernize the existing application with given key features:
- IBM HATS screen scraping mechanism utilization for transformation of the AS/400 screen into HTML pages.
- Macro implementation for retrieval of faster data.
- Menu and submenu creation with better look and feel.
- Improved the navigation of client’s host application.
- New Application also accessible via mobiles.
- Reuse the existing AS/400 in a Service Oriented Architecture.
- Avoid rewriting application (no impact to code).